Saturday the 4th of March 2017. Myself, my dad (The Inexpert Painter), and one of my dad’s friends (who I will not name for privacy reasons) went to Hammerhead.
Ran by the Forest Outlaws wargaming group (of which my dad and his friend are members), Hammerhead is an entire day (well, 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM) of gaming and trading.
My dad and his friend run their own game most years, this year it was Kings of War – Romans vs Undead. The table was set up next to the Mantic (who make KoW) table and they had arranged for us to have zombie sprues to give to anyone who played the demo game. Unfortunately, while there was a lot of interest in the game, we only had one set of players. The upside of this was that after the event there were 18 zombie sprues remaing that we split between the three of us.
Despite the number of participation games, I only played three – A World War II tank battle game, Beyond the Gates of Antares by Warlord Games, and Dropfleet Commander by Hawk Wargames. After playing Antares and Dropfleet, I bought the stuff that I needed to start with each game.
Here’s the list of everything I got from Hammerhead:
From Warlord Games:
- Beyond the Gates of Antares: Strike on Kar’a Nine
From Hawk Wargames:
- Dropfleet Commander: Core Rulebook
- Dropfleet Commander: Activation Cards
- Dropfleet Commander: Shaltari Tribes Starter Fleet
Free (from Mantic):
- 6 Sprues of Zombies
- Kings of War Poster
Beyond the Gates of Antares: Strike on Kar’a Nine:
- 64 page full-colour softback rulebook
- 48 page full-colour introductory book
- Quick reference sheet
- 10 plastic Concord Strike Troopers
- 2 plastic Concord Support Drones
- 4 plastic Concord Spotter Drones
- 15 plastic Algoryn AI* Troopers
- 3 plastic Algoryn Spotter Drones
- Plastic templates, shot tokens & pin markers
- Orders dice (4 Maroon & 3 Olive) and polyhedral dice
- A1 full-colour poster
- 33″ x 23″ battle map
- 2D paper scenery
*AI stands for Armoured Infantry
Dropfleet Commander: Shaltari Tribes Starter Fleet:
- 1 Amber class Cruiser
- 2 Topaz class Frigates
- 1 Emerald class Mothership
- 3 Void Gates
- 1 Obsidion class Heavy Cruiser
- 2 Jade class Frigates
- 3 printed activation cards
- 1 plain activation card
- Parts to build cruisers and frigates as alternative varients
Hopefully in the next few months, I will finish some of the models I bought and upload them.
The Inexpert Painter’s YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAvREaoxSGCcaZemrx-SCpQ